Saturday, December 26, 2009

7 Days and Counting


I wanted to make sure you were all on top of this PROJECT 365 before we hit day one! I chose this picture of Gigi to kick things off because it fits the theme of a pro-365, "Marvelously Ordinary" ( as one of my CTMH stamps reads). We want to capture the everyday of our lives, because each year that goes by, we ask, "where did it go?" Here are a few recommendations to make this process as painless as possible.

1) Get your camera ready: Make sure you have your batteries charged and memory card blank. I would even check into purchasing a small portable camera for your purse, I know WalMart has some for $50-$100. This makes it easy for you to know that only p-365 pix are on that particular camera and memory card. No chance of your hubby or kids erasing pix you haven't downloaded yet.

2) Make time for yourself: This is one of the aspects of this project that appealed to me most. Mark your calendar for about 20 minutes one day a week. This should be enough to complete the basic layout (I will be setting up images later) and complete your weekly journaling. This is your quiet time to devote to the hobby you love, and preserving the memories we so easily forget year to year. Pick a day that you know will usually be free, so that means Wed, Sat, and Sun, and Fri, are probably going to be a poor choice!

3) Pick a theme: You may want to go and purchase a stack of coordinating papers, and pick an album. 12x12 format is going to be the most effective for this project. I plan on using different papers to express the season, mood, or holidays of each page, but whatever appeals to you is what I recommend. This is about having fun. Don't let it become a chore, if simple is going to get you through this, go for it!

4) Attend our Kick Off Party! : I am still working on the date, I am hoping to get some input from all of you and then we can select a date. I would also like to do some quarterly meetings and then of course an end of year party where we all show off our books!

Plese let me know if you have viewed this and then give me lots of feedback!

Happy Scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting ready...Bryan is cleaning out the office so I have tons of space to scrap all these pictures!!! Thank you for organizing this for all of us.

    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leesh, Santa might even have some pocket pages in store for you so this will be an easier project!

    ReplyDelete